Heather K Cook Photography may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from August 5, 2017.
This policy applies to information we collect:
– On this Website.
– In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
– Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, if available, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
– When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
– us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
– any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Heather K Cook Photography uses images for blog posts, however we never use surnames within the blog post or within the file information embedded in the images. Further to this, whilst Heather K Cook Photography actively encourages wedding testimonials and comments on the website, we advise you to only use your first name followed by (The Bride) or (The Groom), so that there is no connection between a surname, blog post or image. The email address you supply when leaving a comment isn’t visible or accessible to anyone other than us and only to us when we are logged into the blog’s admin section. We will also ensure that comments from wedding guests do not include the bride and/or groom’s surname.
Should an existing client or potential client wish to remain completely anonymous and avoid any use of their images on Heather K Cook Photography’s blog or website, Heather K Cook is happy to negotiate a fee for this purpose. Contact Heather via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as address and postcode
• Information relating to weddings and other events
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting those websites since they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Heather K Cook Photography will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our services which we think you may find of interest.
Cookies, Log Files and Web Beacons
Like many other Web sites, we make use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information, are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Third Party Privacy Policies
MailChimp (Email Provider)
Privy (Opt-in Service)
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between site users and our company relating to the use of this website.
Law and Jurisdiction